If you, or someone you know, needs information on applying for Disaster Assistance:
City of Lakeland-FEMA Information
What Information do I Need to Apply?
- SBA Loans
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Disaster Legal Services
- IRS Assistance /Special Tax Considerations
- CLC Participating Hotels
- Crisis Counseling
Whether applying online OR over the phone, you should have a pen and paper and the following information ready:
- Your Social Security number.
- Current and pre-disaster address.
- A telephone number where you can be contacted.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income
- A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account)
- A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster.
After you've completed your application for assistance, you will receive a FEMA application number. Write down this number and keep it for future reference.
If you prefer to call FEMA, call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
The speech or hearing impaired may call (TTY) 1-800-462-7585
Note: FEMA verifies the name and social security number of those registering for disaster assistance. If the name and social security number on file with the social security administration does not match the information you provide you will be asked to submit a copy of an original document, e.g. marriage license, military ID, tax documents, etc., for proof of identity. A need to review and update identity documentation may cause delays in delivery of assistance.