A RESOLUTION TO PERMIT TEMPORARY NOTIFICATION SIGNS FOR HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION MEETINGS AND EVENTS
WHEREAS, the City of
WHEREAS, it is common for HOAs to conduct regular meetings and events; and
WHEREAS, notifying residents of meetings and events can be costly, time consuming, and ineffective if proper notification methods are not utilized or permitted; and
WHEREAS, the Lakeland Sign Ordinance allows temporary notification signs for non-profit organizations, but the allowable sign locations are limited to the property on which the event would be held and not interpreted to allow sign placement at the entrances to subdivisions where the signs would be most visible; and
WHEREAS, allowing temporary signage for HOAs at the entrances to subdivisions would be an effective and appropriate method of notification and would not adversely affect the general safety, health, and welfare of the citizens of
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE CITY OF
Standards regarding the placement of temporary HOA meeting notification signs are hereby adopted as follows:
1. One (1) sign shall be allowed at each subdivision entrance.
2. The sign shall be located within common open space (COS) or associated with the permanent subdivision entrance signage. If no
3. The temporary sign shall be limited to nine (9) square feet in area.
4. The sign shall be limited to 48 inches in height.
5. The signs shall be professionally constructed.
6. The signs shall be erected no sooner than seven (7) days prior to the event.
7. The sign shall be removed no later than one (1) day following the conclusion of the event.
8. Temporary signs for non-profit special events shall not require the review and approval of the Design Review Commission.
9. Written permission from the City Manager or his designee shall be obtained prior to placement of the signs. No permit fee is required.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the Board of Commissioners of the City of Lakeland, Tennessee on this ___ day of ______________, 2008, the public welfare requiring it.
This Resolution will be considered by the Board of Commissioners at the Thursday, June 12 meeting. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.