Lakeland residents and organizations are reminded that any use of fireworks in Lakeland is illegal without a permit.
Specifically the Ordinance provides:
(Note: All display of fireworks is considered “public” fireworks, so any display requires a permit.)
7-205. Special fireworks displays. Special public fireworks displays may be held when a permit therefore has been issued by the State Fire Marshal and approval for the display has been granted by the city commission. A copy of the permit issued by the State Fire Marshal must be submitted to the city commission not less than fifteen (15) days in advance of the proposed fireworks displays. (1989 Code, § 7-205)
Municipal Code - 7-208. Public fireworks displays. Public fireworks displays will be permitted under the following conditions:
(1) Submission of an application giving the name of the organization and the responsible person to whom the permit will be issued.
(2) A draft site plan showing the location and lay-out of the area where the fireworks will be discharged will be required.
(3) Documented approval by the State Fire Marshall and other units of government as may be required by law.
(4) A certificate of insurance showing general liability coverage of at least $500,000 per occurrence and $1,000,000 aggregate.
(5) A permit fee of five hundred dollars ($500.00) is required. (1989 Code, § 7-208, modified)
We encourage all residents and organizations to comply with these regulations for the safety and security of all Lakeland residents. Contact Lakeland City Hall at 867-2717 for information on obtaining a permit.